Woman's Right to Know Act of North Carolina
The Woman's Right to Know Act requires that women who seek abortions be fully informed about relevant issues such as:
- Medical risks associated with all your options including carrying a pregnancy to term or abortion,
- Probable gestational age of the fetus,
- Abortion methods,
- Possible psychological effects of abortion,
- Medical risks of carrying pregnancy to term,
- Public and private agencies and services available to assist you through your pregnancy, at childbirth and after delivery,
- Information on free ultrasounds.
The information outlined in the Act must be given to you by a physician or qualified professional. This certification must be signed before an abortion procedure can be accomplished.